Customer: NSSF Uganda
Date: 21 August, 2015
Status: In Process
Tags: finance, pension
About the project
The purpose of this project is to automatically make data available for reporting and analysis within the organization, and in turn encourage self-service BI within organization.
Almost every application within NSSF collects and stores data, and this data resides in relational database management systems, with data for a few different processes stored in other formats like excel, 85% of the defined KPIs to be used for reporting are derived from data captured by these applications.
Core reporting requirement was the organization scorecard, which is a collection of related objectives,initiatives and documents under a score, this score is to measure how well the business initiative is doing in a simple and summarized statement.
What we did
Key Deliverables where:
- Organisational Scorecard
Departmental scorecards to measure and visualize performance of each department.
- Strategy Management
Implement the 6 Major strategy visualization; Strategy wheel, Strategy Tree,Cause and effect map,KPI watchilist
- Actionable Intelligence
Track KPIs and send notifications in case of deviation from norm or target
Visual narratives of individual scores
- Data warehouse
A consolidated data source that ingests data from disparate data sources / systems
- DataServ Platform
A tool used for integration of external/ manual data into the data warehouse
NSSF now has a streamlined way to visualize, quantify and monitor their strategic goals which provides a way to enable them to improve their performance with accuracy.
Other project results included:
- Re-engineered the core business processes; Collections, Benefits and Registrations, and defined near term and longer-term recommendations based on technology enhancements required
- Implemented an effective data governance framework
- Identified and linked individual goals within the company with employee assigned performance measures(KPIs) that where to be used to measure their performance
- Centralized all reporting information into a data warehouse and automated scorecard generation, with KPI watch-lists, strategy trees
- Developed a data and process model where scores to measures are aggregated from the different source applications and acts a source to the scorecard solution